Citizens of the following countries do not need a visa to come to Brazil(*):
- Andorra, Argentina, Austria,
- Bahamas, Barbados, Belgium, Bolivia,
- Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica,
- Finland, France,
- Germany, Greece,
- Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy,
- Liechtenstein, Luxembourg,
- Malaysia, Malta, Morocco, Monaco,
- Namibia, Netherlands, Norway,
- Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal,
- Republic of Korea,
- San Marino, South Africa, Spain, Suriname, Sweden, Switzerland,
- Thailand, Trinidad and Tobago,
- United Kingdom, Uruguay,
- Vatican, Venezuela.
(*) Please confirm this information with the Brazilian Embassy or Consulate in your country. If you are leaving from the USA, you can consult the following service: http://www.passportsandvisas.com/visas/brazil.asp
Brazil follows the reciprocity principle concerning visa requirement; thus a visa is required for foreigners from all the countries that require a visa for Brazilian citizens.
The type of visa necessary is for ACADEMIC, CULTURAL and SCIENTIFIC activities (Temporary One). Such visas are meant for non-Brazilian experts and authorities in particular fields of knowledge traveling to Brazil to make presentations at meetings or to engage in teaching, training, research and other specialized activities.
Details concerning the REQUIREMENTS to get a TEMPORARY VISA can be obtained with the Brazilian Embassy or Consulate in your country.